If you are in a relationship or planning to get married soon then it is very important to sign an agreement before marriage. This agreement helps to promote a healthy and happy relationship that minimizes the conflicts between the couples.
This agreement is called the prenuptial agreement that is based on the division of financial property, debts, rights, assets if your relationship is terminated.
This agreement is signed under the supervision of prenup lawyer and they help you to prepare the agreement in the following ways:
Firstly they will ask you to fill basic details in the prenuptial form. The common living expenses and financial statement of the parties are also discussed and written on the form. Original signed document with one copy is given to both the parties.
This agreement is properly witnessed and notarized by your relatives, banks, insurance agents and much more. Before executing agreement you have right to review your document and also the document of another party.
Here are some advantages of the prenuptial agreement:
- In the event of divorce, this agreement clarifies the financial rights and responsibilities of couples over one another.
- This agreement also helps in avoiding the involvement of court in deciding how property is divided between two parties. As this is a very time consuming and expensive process.
- If you marry again and you have children from the past marriage then prenuptial agreement assures your property is divided according to your wish after your death.
- Well, divorce is very complicated and emotional situation when you have children’s. It affects badly on child mental state, welfare, schooling and much more. Postnuptial agreement after marriage can help in the custody issues, so that child is not suffering if divorce occurs.
- For this process, you should hire a well-educated, experienced and knowledgeable attorney who helps you to resolve your issues.
You can also check the past records of the lawyer and he is able to investigate the case properly.
So prenuptial agreement before marriage is a very good decision that helps prevent you from the future sufferings. Get more information here about the postnuptial agreement that saves your marriage.